All the fuss is true and warranted. This is the work of a genius! Cover FX custom cover drops contain pure pigment and turn any moisturiser, cream, primer, or sun cream into tinted coverage, subtly covering up anything that needs covering. It’s my skin but better.
Add between 1 to 4 drops depending on how much coverage is needed, and watch your favourite cream turn into something that provides colour but at the finish you like…so make your own BB or CC cream, tinted moisturiser or foundation in one simple step.
I’ve even mixed it with my Erborian CC cream and NARS tinted moisturiser – better with the CC cream as it adds just a bit more colour so that it is a perfect match. It doesn’t blend all that well with my NARS tinted moisturiser but I think that is because there is plenty of coverage in the NARS one.
So, I’ve been having fun blending and have tried the drops on the primers shown above, with varying success (see below for my results). My big learning – you need to like the consistency and finish of whatever product you are adding the drops to, because that is how your skin is going to end up looking, only with a teeny bit of colour added.
- Smashbox photo finish foundation primer – oil free – I really didn’t like the finish of this primer on my skin. My skin was dry and not hydrated at all. And the primer doesn’t blend on to skin easily.
- Pixi flawless & poreless primer – a really lovely finish that does exactly what it says – I would be tempted to add this primer to my collection.
- Pixi flawless beauty primer – another one I wouldn’t use again – I had a terrible breakout afterwards. More a greasy than luminous finish.
- Laura Mercier foundation primer – this used to be my favourite primer and I am trying to find ways to revive my love for it, but even these drops have failed to do so. The finish is OK.
- Hourglass veil oil free primer – I just don’t think I am a fan of anything that says oil free, because it just sits on my skin and makes it look flat and unhealthy. It’s not hydrating at all and ends up making my skin look really dull.
- Emma Hardie protect & prime – wow, this has such a lovely finish. It creates radiance and maintains hydration, without ending up looking greasy. With the drops blended, it make my skin look super healthy. I am buying a tube of this primer!
I’ve tried the drops in my moisturiser too and both elemental herbology and tatcha indigo give a great finish. I even used it on holiday and blended it with my Ultrasun face protector. It’s just my skin but better.
There are 25 shades to choose from (I use N60) so you are bound to find one that matches your skin. And the beauty of this product is that it makes my morning routine that much quicker, and minimises the number of products sitting on my skin 🙂
It’s £36 for 15ml and can be bought here. Mine has lasted 4 months of me using it every day.