Nuxe’s Rêve de Miel ultra-nourishing lip balm is the perfect partner for winter

Nuxe Rêve de Miel ultra-nourishing lip balm

Nuxe Rêve de Miel ultra-nourishing lip balm

I’ve been having a bit of a clear out recently (to make way for more beauty-related goodies, if I’m honest 🙂 ) and found this little pot of lip-nourishing goodness. I’d completely forgotten I had it, mainly because it was hidden under all my other pots of lip balms!

Nuxe is a 20 year-old French pharmacy brand that derives as much of its products from nature. I have an affinity for brands who source ingredients from nature, and their Rêve de Miel, ultra-nourishing lip balm contains at least 78% natural ingredients – honey, sunflower, musk rose and almond oils, shea butter and grapefruit essence. Unfortunately, they don’t say which of these are unnatural ingredients or where the remaining 22% comes from.

It is free of parabens and mineral oils, and comes in a glass jar made of recycled materials (lid included), which can make it heavy to carry around. But it also means that the pot can be recycled easily. They support bee conservation, so the honey in this lip balm is sustainably sourced – a plus for me.

This stuff is so lovely to use, and I’m glad I’ve rediscovered it – my lips are getting dry from the cold outside and central heating inside. The consistency of the balm is difficult to describe – it’s a very thick and solid paste, and not oily like Vaseline. There is no glossiness to it, and gives lips a matte/moisturised look, so it really is more a treatment than something used to make lips glossy.

They claim it can repair the lip contour area and can also be used on other areas of dry skin. I can’t vouch for either, as I haven’t applied it around my mouth or anywhere else, but can say that it is doing a great job of healing my dry and chapped lips. She will stay with me during these cold winter months.

Which is your favourite winter lip balm?

Share:

2 Comments

  1. 21st November 2014 / 5:05 pm

    I just bought this and love it! It feels so nice, not greasy or sticky, just lovely and nourishing 🙂 x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    • 23rd November 2014 / 7:46 am

      Exactly how I feel Jasmin! So often overlooked, I feel, because of the price tag x